November 29, 2012

Almost Homemade: Indian Tacos

My family loves Indian Tacos. Whenever we go to the State Fair, it’s the first thing on our list to eat.

I’ve tried making these at home and have been fairly successful but making the fry bread from scratch is just kind of a pain so I don’t make these very often.

Imagine my delight when I came across a recipe on Pinterest that made this recipe so much easier! The secret ingredient? Grands Biscuits!

Indian Tacos

Indian Tacos

  • Grands Biscuits (the BIG can)
  • Ground Beef
  • 1/2 onion chopped finely
  • 1 Can Ranch Style Beans (do not drain)
  • 1-2 Tbsp Chili Powder
  • Taco Fixings (lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole)

Brown ground beef with onion, salt & pepper. Add Ranch Style beans and chili powder. Cover to keep warm.

Flatten out biscuits to desired thickness. Fill a pan with about 1 inch of oil and fry biscuits about 20-30 seconds on each side. Place on a plate with a paper towel to absorb the grease.

To serve: Top fried biscuits with meat mixture and add desired taco fixings.

Yummy-licious!


Christmas Signature

3 comments:

  1. These sound great! I love finding new recipes.
    www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Thanks for posting this recipe. I'm going to try it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely putting this on my list for the week!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...