October 1, 2012

Menu Monday: Week 11

I have to say, I’m pretty surprised I’ve made it this long with meal planning. If you’ve been reading my blog lately, you probably thought I was going to throw in the towel too. If it weren’t for my deep annoyance with the rising cost of groceries, I probably would have thrown in the towel long ago but meal planning keeps our grocery bill down so here I am trudging along.

I tried making my own cream of chicken soup last night. It wasn’t bad but I’m going to try another recipe. I’ll share when I find one that I really like.

Also on my list to do this week is make my own instant oatmeal and flour tortilla mix. I will, of course, share the results of those as well.

Now, on to this week’s menu…

  • Monday – Tortilla Stack / Corn
  • Tuesday – Chicken & Rice (only made with Quinoa) / Peas
  • Wednesday – Patty Melts / Chips
  • Thursday – Grilled Ham & Cheese / Broccoli Cheddar Soup
  • Friday – Chicken Quesadillas
  • Saturday – Take Out
  • Sunday – Waffles / Bacon & Eggs

Last week I got almost all of my crockpots out and did some bulk cooking. I now have a total of 5, if you’re wondering. Now that it’s starting to get a little bit cooler (and by a little bit I mean 85 degrees as opposed to 90+), I ‘m going to be making soups & chili so I thought it would be a good time to stock up.

photo (11)

For around $3.50 I was able to get an equivalent to 12 cans of beans (kidney, pinto & great northern). That’s $0.30 per meal! Totally worth the little work I had to do (which really wasn’t much at all).

What’s on your menu this week?

Signature Channel

*Linking up this week with In No Simple Language for menu Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...