October 22, 2012

Laundry Day


Today’s Pinterest projects are brought to you by Laundry. Yes, the dreaded chore that most of us mom’s dread. I am constantly trying to make laundry more interesting/fun by either making our laundry room pretty or finding cheap ways to accomplish the task. Today, I give you one of each.

First, I saw this pin and remembered I had bought a little wooden tray in the dollar section at Target. I didn’t have a use for it when I bought it so I stored it along with my other container/organization things I’ve collected. I might have a problem with hoarding organizational containers.

Anyway, the tray is aqua so the only place it would go without painting it was the laundry room or mud room/office. I chose to use it in the laundry room.

10-21-12_Laundry-Rm-Tray

I love how it contains everything into one place. Before, those bottles were scattered all over the top of my washer and dryer. Now, I have room to fold our clothes in the laundry room!

Did you notice the jar of laundry soap in that picture? Yep, I recently made my own laundry soap too!

10-21-12_Laundry-Soap

If you do a search, you’ll find many, many different recipes for homemade laundry soap. I bought the stuff a while back but was in no rush to make it since I had previously stocked up on laundry detergent with coupons. Since that stock was almost gone, I figured I better get with it and make it. I only used 3 ingredients.

Homemade Laundry Detergent:

  • 1 Bar Zote Laundry Soap (found at Lowe’s)
  • 1 Box Borax
  • 1 Box Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
  • Air tight container

Finely grate the bar soap into air tight container (I used a dollar store cheese grater but I will be on the lookout for a very cheap or thrifted food processor for future batches). Add the entire boxes of the other 2 ingredients. Shake or stir to mix the ingredients.

Use no more than 2 Tbsp per load.

I have an HE washer and have not had any problems so far.

I’m once again linking up with AP over at ILYMTC for her weekly Pin-tastic link up!

Cursif Signature

3 comments:

  1. Those are all the ingrediants?!?! I've been wanting to make my own for awhile...I think I'll try it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work!!

    I'm still smackin' myself in the forhead for not putting something on top of the washer to organize all the bottles up there! haha It's a mess up there!!

    I have been considering trying to make the deteregent, but my Husband just bought 2 jugs for SUPER cheap... so those will last a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely going to have to try that!! New follower, lovee your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...