October 29, 2012

31 Days in the Life of a Twin Mom: Day 29-Pumpkin Patch

31 Days Button

The last 2 days are somewhat of a blur so this post may be choppy and I try to recall the events.

On Monday we had a consultation appointment with my RE (reproductive endocrinologist) to discuss our first FET (frozen embryo transfer). The girls went with us. I just LOVE my RE and all the nurses & staff. They all ooo’d and ahhh’d over the girls and we all got big hugs from them. I can’t even tell you how awesome it is to have a doctor have a genuine interest in me and my family. I mean, we’re all friends on Facebook! How many doctors & staff can you say that about? They just feel like family. They gave me my girls so how could they not?

Ok, I could go on & on about that but I’ll move on.

After our appointment, we had our traditional post RE appointment meal at Chick-fil-A. We started this tradition during our IVF cycle and continued it through my pregnancy with the girls. That must be why they love Chick-fil-A so much. ;)

Our next stop was to get the girls new strollers. We had gone back and forth about getting a double umbrella or just single umbrella strollers. Once we got to the store, and looked at our options, we decided to go with a single umbrella and bought clips to hook them together when needed. We also decided to get single strollers because we have been talking about taking the girls out one at a time for errands & such. Neither one of us really get to spend one on one time with the girls so this will allow us to do so when a stroller is needed.

photo 1 (7) photo 2 (5)

The last stop was the pumpkin patch. We decided to stop at home to change the girls diapers and assemble the strollers so we could take them with us. On our way home, the girls fell asleep so once we got to the house we let them continue their nap in the car while we assembled the strollers.

Naps were had, strollers assembled and diapers were changed so we headed off to the pumpkin patch. At first, the girls were excited. After only a few minutes, Tillie became fussy (she had been fussy on and off all day)and Tensley started to look like she needed another nap. I did, however, manage to get some (not so great by my standards) pictures. There’s always next year, right?

10-29-12_Pumpin-Patch1 10-29-12_Pumpkin-Patch210-29-12_Pumpkin-Patch3 10-29-12_Pumpkin-Patch4

And then there was the attempt at a picture of me with my girls.

10-29-12_Pumpkin-Patch5

We took a hayride to the actual pumpkin patch. It wasn’t quite what I expected but the girls seemed to like playing with the little pumpkins.

10-29-12_Pumpkin-Patch7 10-29-12_Pumpkin-Patch810-29-12_Pumpkin-Patch9 10-29-12_Pumpkin-Patch1010-29-12_Pumpkin-Patch11 10-29-12_Pumpkin-Patch12

We had a full busy day. The girls had fun but were worn out and glad to be home. They ran around the living room for a while before we got them ready for bed and then after their baths, Tillie felt a little hot so I checked her temperature. She was running a low grade fever. She had no other symptoms so I assumed it was maybe due to teeth coming in.

Cursif Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...