October 21, 2012

31 Days in the Life of a Twin Mom: Day 21–Battling the Sickies

31 Days Button

I feel like I’m starting to bore everyone with my days. Heck, I think I’m starting to bore myself, haha! I keep wondering if this topic was a good idea but I’m committed to it and we’re over half way through the month. Can you believe it?!

Last night I told you how Tensley was getting sick. Well, today she sounds awful…snotty, coughing, hoarse and wheezy. All she wanted today was to be held…and I happily obliged. There were times that she would get down and play but only for a few minutes at a time.

Needless to say, I didn’t have much time to do anything today. I didn’t even cook! However, I did attempt…and fail at building a playhouse out of a cardboard box.

10-21-12_Playhouse

Haha! Tillie looks thrilled, doesn’t she?

Does it look like a playhouse? I didn’t think so. I’ve called in reinforcement. Hopefully, I’ll be able to show you something a little nicer another day. Honestly, they don’t really care. Tensley has been playing the big bad wolf or maybe She-Ra (I might have just dated myself with that reference) and picking up the box and tossing it across the room. Seriously, sometimes I worry that child could take me down. She’s so strong.

There wasn’t a whole lot of playing going on after that pic. More cuddling. Less playing. Even Tillie wasn’t really into playing today. I think she missed her sissy. Which is weird considering they’ve been fighting so much lately. I’m still waiting for the stereotypical twins that get along and have this cute secret language only they know. Somehow, I don’t think it’s ever going to happen.

Tensley was sounding so hoarse and was crying out so much this afternoon that while we were waiting for James to get home with dinner I gave her a popsicle. I, of course, had to give Tillie one too. Tensley seemed to calm down after that. I wondered if her throat was hurting. :(

Now, as I type this, I’m watching her on the monitor and listening to her cough and it’s breaking my heart. I sure hope this crud goes away soon.

Cursif Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...