October 19, 2012

31 Days in the Life of a Twin Mom: Day 19-TnT’s 15 Month Stats

31 Days Button

Boy am I glad it’s Friday. This week has completely worn me out. I think next week we will have very, very few outings.

Today the girls had their 15 month well child check. Thankfully, it was in the afternoon so I had some time to get the house picked up a little. It was starting to look like a tornado hit it.

I managed to clean the kitchen and vacuum. Oh well, I’ll finish the rest tomorrow. Maybe.

In case you haven’t picked up on it, as a mom of toddlers I have to deal with things like this many, many times a day…
10-19-12_Tillie-Stuck

That would be Tillie “stuck” in the alligator ball thingy. These two are constantly getting themselves into predicaments and momma has to bail them out. One of these days they’ll learn not to get themselves into such predicaments, right? Right?!

Anyway, somehow I managed to get them a little nap, me a shower, all of us dressed and ready on time but yet we were late to their appointment. Story of my life.

My mom and niece tagged along to help. Taking twins to a doctor’s appointment is not for the faint of heart. By the time we got us all loaded back into the car after their appointment, we were exhausted! I had to chuckle when my mom said, “Man, that just kicked our butts!” Haha! Not many people quite understand what it takes to care for twins (unless they have twins) but my mom, she gets it. She’s helped me out a lot.

In case you’re wondering, I apparently have two short chunky monkeys. Tensley weighs 26.4 lbs and is 30 1/2” tall. Tillie weighs 23.6 lbs and is 29 7/8” tall.

Both girls are doing well. Tensley seems to be exceling in motor development and Tillie is exceling in verbal development. It’s funny to me how very different they are in comparison. When Tillie catches up on her motor development and Tensley catches up on her verbal development, I’m really going to be in some serious trouble.

On the way home from the doctor’s appointment, I decided I wasn’t cooking so I picked up James and we went to dinner at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants. Probably not a good idea with two tired toddlers but they did very well considering.

After dinner James suggested I might need a Pumpkin Spice Latte. He could tell how tired I was and who was I to turn down a PSL?? So we ended this week with two of my most favorite things. It was a good ending to a very chaotic week.

Cursif Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...