October 18, 2012

31 Days in the Life of a Twin Mom: Day 18-Science Museum and Floaters

31 Days Button

I had planned on taking today off from running around but my mom & dad were taking my niece & nephew to the Science Museum and I decided at last minute to tag along. Plus, I knew it would wear the girls out and they would sleep good tonight (fingers crossed). I’m willing to bet they will sleep all weekend. We’ve had such a busy week!

So I got us all ready and then loaded up all the gear. Then I started to load the girls into the car. I picked up Tensley first and, are you kidding me?! Yep, she had a stinky. It never fails. One or both of them decided to fill their diaper right before we walk out the door.

Diaper changed. Resume loading. We headed to MiMi & Papa’s and then followed them from there.

10-18-12_TnT-Science-Museum

We got to the museum and checked out a few exhibits before making our way to the café for lunch. My mom & dad ordered first so I asked my mom to take the girls to the table with them. When I got done ordering I headed to the table and saw Tensley having a meltdown. Not sure what the problem was. All I know is that she wanted me. Maybe hunger? Separation anxiety (not normal for her)? Tired? All of the above? She was good after snuggling with momma and eating some lunch.

The girls’ favorite part of the museum was, of course, the little kids area. They were happy to be able to run free. (Sorry for the bad iPhone pics. I intended on taking my real camera but forgot it.)

10-18-12_Tillie-Sliding 10-18-12_TnT-Playing

Did I mention they missed their nap?

10-18-12_Tensley-Sleeping

Tensley fell asleep for about 15-20 minutes right before we left. Tillie was out before we left the parking lot.

We got home and I immediately threw a lasagna in the oven for dinner. This is something we’d normally feed the girls but I wasn’t feeling up to it so we stripped them down and gave them each a fork. They’re getting better at using utensils…still need more practice but they can get food to their mouths now. They know to “stab” with a fork and “scoop” with a spoon.

After dinner, they, of course, went straight to the bath tub. I knew they were tired because they actually sat for more than 30 seconds. James came to get Tillie and get her dressed first. I let Tensley play while she waited her turn. At one point, she stood up, held on to the side of the tub and did a grunt face. I jokingly asked her, “Are you pooping?” And before I could get that sentence out of my mouth…

Plop!

OMG! We have a floater! Eeeeeeewwwwwwwww!

I quickly grabbed the little pitcher we use to rinse their hair with and scooped that little turd (literally, the turd, not the toddler) and dumped it into the toilet.

Both Tensley and I were so grossed out. I wanted to get her out as quickly as possible and she wanted out as quickly as possible. However, I could not let her even stand in poop water and be done. Nope. I drained the water, rinsed out the tub and girlfriend got herself another bath!

Also, the toys are soaking in a bleach bath as I type this.

I knew it was bound to happen so why was I surprised?

I didn’t get any pictures of this event.

You’re welcome.

Remember the stretchies that I bought yesterday? I’m a fan now. Also, the girls got a new chair. They’ve just started fighting over it so another one is on it’s way.

10-18-12_Tillie-Chair

By the way, we put the girls down at 8:30 and haven’t heard a peep from them. They were TIRED! Momma wins!

Cursif Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...