September 20, 2012

Why Am I Not Skinny?!

It’s been over a year since I had the girls and I still have weight to lose. Not a lot really. I’m about 5 lbs away from my weight pre-twins but I’d actually like to be about 10 lbs lighter than that.

I tried exercising in the beginning…

After I was cleared at my 6 week checkup, I decided to try P90 with James. That was a funny site that I am glad no one else saw. It was a disaster. Having to hold on to parts of your body in fear that they might hurt other parts while exercising is not a good thing. And I’m not talking about the chest area. Needless to say, that only lasted a week.

A few months later, more weight came off and some of the flub became more manageable…enough to squeeze into my Spanx.

I guess what I really need is just to tone up.

Let’s discuss my trouble spot for a minute, shall we? I’ll give you one guess as to what it is…it’s the belly area, of course. I mean, I’ve always had a little pudge around my middle but this isn’t so little. It’s annoying. You know how you think something is annoying and over time you look back and think, well that wasn’t so bad back then. This is that! It’s basically the only thing that has hung around post-pregnancy. Pun intended.

I have yet to find time to get in a real workout. As you will see, my days are pretty full.

I know what I need to do but let’s discuss what I already do.

Yoga - Pregnancy does a number on your body but do you have any idea what carrying 2 babies does to it? Yeah, I didn’t either. I feel like I went from a twenty-something body to an eighty year old body. I get so stiff if I sit for too long and my back? Oh my aching back! See? Eighty year old. Anyway, I’ve been trying to do 30 minutes of yoga every morning. It helps but if I miss a couple of days I go from feeling like an almost thirty-something back to the eighty year old. I’ve been a little afraid to do a real workout because of this. What if I hurt something?

Walking – I bet I take 10,000 steps a day and that’s without leaving my house! No, I don’t have a big house. Those steps are taken while fetching things for twinsies. And now that they’re mobile, chasing them down to keep them out of trouble (I see adding running to my um, daily workout in my near future). Also, walking down the hall several times a day to take the girls to their room for diaper changes or naps.

Arm Workout – Apparently, I don’t have the smallest baby toddlers. When they were in carriers, I would carry both of them, one on each arm. And then there was the hoisting them in and out of the car. THAT was a workout (and still is)! Now that they’re older and weigh a lot more (Tillie is between 22-25 and Tensley is between 25-30 lbs) the lifting and carrying and swinging and tossing them into the air really should give me a good arm (and back) workout , right?

Leg Workout – I can’t even tell you the number of squats I do each day to pick things up off the floor (squatting is better for your back, right?). Several times a day while carrying a 25 lb child I have to squat down and snatch up the paci (or some other item that said child has spitefully tossed onto the floor) that’s on the floor. And let’s not forget the million leg lifts I have to do to get over the barricades that we have set up in the living room (for their safety…and my sanity) to fetch things for the girls…and to refill my iced coffee. ;) Oh, and then there’s the thing we do where I sit on the floor with my legs straight out and the girls sit on them, one on my thighs and one on my shins, and I “bounce” them.

Cardio – Did I mention that I have twins…TWO mobile toddlers? Did I also mention the fetching and the swinging and the tossing and the chasing? I’m pretty sure we can also include the cleaning in here. In order to get any cleaning done you have to move pretty fast. Vacuuming and sometimes mopping several times a day is pretty good cardio.

I’m sure I’m leaving some things out but doesn’t this sound like a pretty good daily workout?

So why am I not skinny already?! (I see a possible tummy tuck in my future.)

Signature Channel

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way!!! I have 17 month old twin girls and sometimes I'm so busy I forget to eat. At the very least, I should have some smokin' hot toned arms. Yeah....not so much. What gives??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew! All I know is that it's SO frustrating!

      Delete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...