September 11, 2012

Tutorial: Comment Notifications

Before I start, I just want to thank you for all the kind words on yesterday’s post. I hate that we go through periods like this but it is comforting to know that I am not alone.

Ok, now on to the tutorial…

I get a lot of comments that I really want to respond to but I find all too often that the commenter doesn’t have an email address tied to their account. I just wanted to share with you how to tie an email address to your comments.

To have an email address tied to your account and published when commenting on blogs, follow these steps:

Step 1:  Go to your Blogger dashboard and click on your name in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.

Blogger Profile 1

Step 2:  Click on Blogger Profile

Blogger Profile 2

Step 3:  Click on Edit Profile

Edit Profile

Step 4: Check the box that says ‘Show my email address’. If this box is checked but it doesn’t show an email address, continue to step 5. Otherwise skip to step 6.

Show email check box

Step 5:  To make sure you have an email address tied to your account, scroll down a little in your profile to Identity. In the Email Address field, enter your email address.

Email Address

Step 6:  To save these changes, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen and click on ‘Save Profile’.

Save Changes

If you don’t want to publish your email address (and I totally get that), but you want to be notified of any replies, you can subscribe to the comment thread for the particular post.

Subscribe to Comments

The only downside to this is that I think you’ll get an email anytime anyone comments on this post. I don’t get a slew of comments currently, so it shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

And there you have it! My very first tutorial! I hope I did ok and everything is easy to understand. If you have any questions, feel free to email me!

Signature Channel

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this! I want to respond to people too and don't know how so this is great! Also, I read your post yesterday- I can totally relate esp b/c I was having one of those weeks too, in fact I had just blogged about it!...it's so hard sometimes staying at home, esp when you have 2 and seem to NEVER get a break :)I'm so glad I came across your blog b/c it seems we have a lot in common and it helps hearing that I am not alone. Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...