September 6, 2012

The Toothbrush Story

Ok, so if you follow me on Twitter, you might have seen this tweet on Tuesday night:

image

Part of our bedtime routine is of course, brushing the girls teeth. Then we let them “brush” their own teeth for a bit before we take the toothbrushes away.

Well, in a span of about 5 minutes, Tensley’s toothbrush went missing. We didn’t think anything about it and went ahead and took the girls to bed. Then the search for the toothbrush began. We searched and we searched. Nothing. Where in the world was this toothbrush?

After several minutes of searching both James and I started to panic. She really didn’t swallow it, did she? There’s no way that could have possibly happened and even if it did we would have known! We searched. Nothing.

We tore the living room apart, looked under and in the couch, chair, love seat. Nothing. I went through all of their toys and the toy bins. Nothing.

We looked in the bathroom and in the trashes. Nothing. We got the girls out of bed and tore their room apart. Nothing. We looked in the jammies they were wearing and their diapers. Nothing.

Panic set in even more and I started getting sick at my stomach. Someone swallowed this toothbrush and was going to end up getting an x-ray or something to find it! Where else could it be?! (Yes, I know how unreasonable that sounds now.)

We took the girls back to bed and we just looked at each other and trying to retrace. I mean, she only had the toothbrush for 5 minutes! Where in the world could she have possibly put it?!

I stood there thinking, they like to put stuff in their toys but I’ve looked through all of their toys. Then it dawned on me.

Missing-Toothbrush2

I told James to find a flash light. From what I could tell there seemed to be a silhouette of a toothbrush in there but I didn’t want to get my hopes up! He finally located a flashlight.

Yep, that little stinker had dropped in down into that little hole. We just started laughing.

Missing-Toothbrush

I, of course, had to grab my camera to document this horrific yet hilarious story.

Signature Channel

6 comments:

  1. LOL! Been there. We're currently on day 3 of looking for the plunger in our house and yes, I said plunger. I think I tried to hide it where the girls would never find it and I guess I did a very good job because I can't find it either

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That's too funny! I'm sure I'll be hiding things from myself before long!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness- that is TOO funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! I found your blog from the comment you left on I'll light o mine (crazy world of connections!). I just have to tell you this story had me laughing out loud. I have 2 boys and it seems we are always finding toys in the funniest places throughout our house! Looking forward to reading more of your blog! susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! I am still, still looking for our missing toothbrush... honestly, it's GONE, vanished. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha! I would have never thought! Oh these kids! I've been missing one of Knox's shoes for like 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...