September 26, 2012

Random Wednesday

I haven’t done a random post in a couple of weeks.

We’ve had a pretty good day so far. We had breakfast, cartoons, play time…which led to baths and down for naps by 12:30. While the girls were napping, I did some tidying up. The house looks so much better now that there aren’t toys scattered everywhere.

I worked out on Monday…like a real workout other than yoga. The only thing that is sore are my calves but they are SO sore that I haven’t been able to workout since. Workout Fail.

I’ve had a very strong urge to start organizing things but can’t seem to find the motivation to actually do it. I did buy a few baskets with handles yesterday to organize our freezer out in the garage. It’s not really picture worthy but it does look better.

Our Aldi has their avocados on sale for $0.25. I might stock up and freeze some. If you have an Aldi in your area and have never been, I highly recommend you go check it out. They have great deals on produce and I have recently started buying some of my dry goods there like flour, sugar, salt, etc. It’s definitely less expensive than most other grocery stores.

Did you know you can freeze avocados? Yep, just cut in half, take out the pit, wrap in saran wrap and place in a freezer bag (I think I saw that on Pinterest somewhere).

I made BBQ Chicken in the oven last night because I waited too long to make it in the crockpot. I’ll never bake chicken again. It just doesn’t come out as tender and juicy as when you make it in the crock pot.

I’m really enjoying my simpler meal plan this week. I think this may be our new way of life for a while. It’s cheaper too.

My mom watched the girls for a little while yesterday so I could get some work done. I think I’ll do another post to showcase the stuff I’ve added recently.

And just because this picture makes me laugh (I’ve imagined so many captions about this picture).
photo (11)

 

Signature Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...