September 17, 2012

Menu Monday: Week 9

Cheesy-Tuna-Casserole

I’m linking up with ILYMTC for her Project Pinterest link up this week!

Last week one of my meals was Tuna Casserole. I haven’t made a Tuna Casserole in years because the last time I made it, it was just too bland. I saw a recipe on Skinny Taste that sounded pretty good so I planned on making that version but I got lazy and wanted an easy way out so I came up with my own version and I have to say, it turned out pretty darn good. I’ll definitely be making this one again.

Hmmm…I wonder if it counts that this was inspired by a pin but is not the actual pin. Oh well, maybe she’ll forgive me if not. ;)

Not So Skinny Cheesy Tuna Casserole

  • 1 box Velveeta Shells & Cheese
  • 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • 2 Cans Tuna in water (drained)
  • 1 cup Frozen Peas
  • 1 cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
  • 2 Tbsp Shredded Parmesan Cheese
  • 2 Tbsp Panko Bread Crumbs

Prepare Shells & Cheese as directed. Stir in soup, tuna, peas and cheese making sure to blend well into the macaroni & cheese. Dump into a casserole dish. Top with Parmesan and bread crumbs. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.

Ok, now on to this week’s menu (I’m making this up as I type by the way. I’m such a slacker lately)

Meal Plan:  Week 9

  • Monday – Chicken Fried Quinoa
  • TuesdayBeef Carnitas Tacos (I’m bringing Taco Tuesday back in the Mills Casa!)
  • Wednesday – Teriyaki Chicken / Fried Rice leftovers (hopefully)
  • Thursday – Lasagna / Green Beans / Garlic Toast
  • Friday – Pizza Night!
  • Saturday – Frito Chili Pie
  • Sunday – Fried Potato Skillet with Sausage, Peppers & Onions

Signature Channel

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE that you put peas in your tuna casserole too! I grew up eating it that way and my husband was all EW GROSS PEAS when I first made it for him right after we got married.. To this day? Five years later, I still add peas! I'm excited to try yours though.. sounds delish! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...