August 22, 2012

Wednesday Rambles

A heart at peace gives life to the body…  -Proverbs 14:30

*That verse really spoke to me this morning. It can apply to so many life situations.

*The mornings are getting cooler now. Now if we could just have our days cool down. Just a little bit though. I have this fear that we are going to go from extreme heat to extreme cold and I’ll be stuck in this house with the toddlers forever! Ha!

*I can’t believe August is almost over. Before we know it, it’s going to be Christmas. Guess I should start planning now.

*We’re trying out the Dave Ramsey envelope system again. I have a love/hate relationship with trying to live on a budget so we’ll see how it goes. Now if I can just figure out how to budget my time so I can be a SAHM, WAHM and still get sleep.

*I expanded the girls’ confined area in hopes that it would encourage Tillie to start walking more. It seemed to have worked. They now have access to the play area, living room and front entry. I tried letting them have access to the kitchen and dining room but they started to divide and conquer and it wasn’t working while I was having to do things in the kitchen. We sometimes open it up when both of us are home.

*I asked on Twitter yesterday but I thought I’d ask here too…I’m wanting to get the girls some more toys. I tried to play with them yesterday and in looking around, they have quite a few toys but they don’t have many that they can manipulate I think they’re just too old for most of the toys they have. So if you have any favorites for 12-18 months, let me know!

*Everyone has been talking about football lately. I’m excited for it to start up too but haven’t really had a chance to think about it. Guess I better hurry up and get the girls some Sooner gear. :)

*I need to do some house cleaning but I’m just not feeling it today. I think I will do some laundry though.

*I haven’t done yoga in over a week now. I’m feeling it too. I don’t know if I got bored or what but I need to get back to it!

*I’ve had the urge to rearrange all of our furniture but I am very limited on where I can put things so I think maybe I’ll just focus on the walls.

*Speaking of walls, I’ve designed a couple of prints for the girls play area. Maybe I’ll share them soon.

Signature Channel

1 comment:

  1. My girls haven't got tired of their fisher price musical activity table yet and they're going on 2 years. Looking at my 18 months toy list, they also enjoyed various sized balls and playing dress up. They're getting to that age where they seem to prefer activities (going for walks, the park etc) to toys. We're in a bit of a toy rut too

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...