August 21, 2012

Pinterest Fashion

I love the idea of dressing up. And by dressing up, I mean wearing something other than yoga pants and a tank top. I don’t however, love shopping for things to “dress up” in. I like to shop but when I do actually have the money and time to shop, I can never find anything that looks good on me.

Pinterest has changed this for me. I love scrolling through and pinning things that I like and that I think might work for my body type. Occasionally, when I’m trying to choose an outfit from my closet, I’ll consult my “Things I’d Wear” board to see if I have anything that will help me put together an outfit. It also helps me figure out if there are any pieces that I might be missing and need to add to my must have list.

Here are some of my recent favorites…

I have the grey t-shirt, skinny jeans and some purple ballet flats. I have a silver necklace that would work but I’m thinking I might need a purple bead necklace to have more pop of color.

 

I have a black polka dot shirt and a red cardigan sweater. I’ve been looking forever for some cute red heals but I bet my black & white polka dot Steve Madden heels would look just as good. ;)

  1523

Source: polyvore.com via Heather on Pinterest

 

I love the pop of lime green with the scarf in this outfit. With Fall/Winter coming (hopefully), I clearly need to add to my scarf collection. I also love cardis but I have trouble with them being belted…maybe I need to buy them shorter in length. I think my hips are just too big…especially after birthing twins!

Source: polyvore.com via Heather on Pinterest

 

So have you figured out my style yet? I’m a little plain jane but love to dress up a little with a scarf or shoes!

4 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with scarves! LOVE these outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that beaded necklace up top! Gorgeous! We have the same style, friend! T-shirt and jeans, flats and a little pop of color (usually a scarf... or colored flats if I'm feeling fancy!) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that beaded necklace up top! Gorgeous! We have the same style, friend! T-shirt and jeans, flats and a little pop of color (usually a scarf... or colored flats if I'm feeling fancy!) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that beaded necklace up top! Gorgeous! We have the same style, friend! T-shirt and jeans, flats and a little pop of color (usually a scarf... or colored flats if I'm feeling fancy!) Ha!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...