August 20, 2012

Menu Monday

Did everyone have a good weekend? Ours was pretty uneventful. Well, except for Saturday when I made my grocery/couponing stops…it rained hard pretty much the whole time I was gone. And then it stopped right as I got home. Grr!

The fried rice that I made last week turned out SO good and it was so easy to make. This is one Pinterest recipe I recommend.
photo (9)

If you follow me on Pinterest, I pin recipes to my Recipe board and then once I’ve made it and decide to add it to my keep list, I move the recipe to my specific recipe boards like Chicken Recipes or Beef Recipes, etc.

Once again we had leftovers so some of the meals on last week’s menu have made it onto this week’s menu.

  • Monday – Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs / Fried Rice (I planned to use the leftover from last week but we ate it all so I’m making a new batch of just fried rice sans chicken)
  • TuesdayBaked Tacos (A new pinterest recipe I’m going to try.)
  • Wednesday – Bacon Ranch Chicken / Peas (freezer meal)
  • Thursday – Loaded Baked Potatoes
  • Friday – Chicken Quesadillas / Queso (Gasp! No pizza night! I like to change things up a bit.)
  • Saturday – Hot Dogs w/Homemade Chili / Fritos
  • Sunday – Crockpot BBQ Chicken / Sweet Potatoes / Baked Beans

Loaded baked potatoes are one of my favorite meals. I was introduced to them several years ago when I attended a scrapbook crop that catered them in for dinner. I usually use Lloyd’s BBQ brisket because I can get it cheap with a sale and coupon but this time I’m going to make the brisket myself in the crockpot.

Loaded Baked Potatoes

  • Large Baker Potatoes (one for each person)
  • BBQ Brisket – I use either Lloyd’s or I make it myself
  • All your favorite baked potato fixins (sour cream, butter, cheese, chives)

Step 1: Cook/bake potatoes either in crockpot, oven or microwave (depending on how much time you have)

Step 2:  Heat up or make your brisket

Step 3:  Load potato with your favorite fixins then top with BBQ brisket.

Step 4:  Enjoy!

If I make the brisket myself I just put it in the crockpot with a little liquid smoke, salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder and then top with BBQ sauce and cook on low for about 4-6 hours. You can also do the same in the oven but just wrap it in foil and bake at 300 degrees.

I need to start trying out some dessert recipes, huh?

Signature Channel

1 comment:

  1. I've seen the baked tacos on pinterest and want to try them. Let us know how they turn out. I'm a sucker for anything Mexican. And chili dogs? My favorite thing ever!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...