August 13, 2012

Menu Monday

How was your weekend? Are you ready to tackle the week ahead?

Since I plan 2 weeks at a time, I already had this menu ready last week. However, I’m tweaking it just a little bit because I didn’t plan so well this go round.

So here’s our menu for this week:

  • Monday – Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets/MacNCheese/Green Beans (I had to switch mashed potatoes for MacNChesse b/c my potatoes shriveled up :(  We also ended up having taco salad the night I scheduled to have this b/c I needed to use the salad before it went bad)
  • Tuesday – Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes / Chips
  • Wednesday - Chicken Fried Rice
  • Thursday – Lasagna Roll-ups (inspired by this pin but I’m using my own lasagna recipe) / Green Beans
  • Friday – Pizza night (either leftover takeout that we froze or homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza)
  • Saturday – Burritos / Freezer Black Beans / Chips & Queso
  • Sunday – Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs / leftover chicken fried rice from Wednesday

Unfortunately, I don’t really have any recipes to share this week because most of this weeks’ menu is taken from Pinterest. Haha! I previously blogged about the Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes so you can click on it and it will take you to the recipe.

For the lasagna roll-ups I make my own sauce and use cottage cheese instead of mozzarella. For my sauce I just use ground beef, crushed tomatoes and Italian seasonings/spices.

I haven’t any coupons or good sales for dinner rolls lately so I plan on making a couple of batches of these rolls and freezing them to have with meals. If we like them, I may never buy rolls again!

With the cost of groceries going up, I’m still seriously contemplating making more things from scratch and staying away from buying pre-packaged foods. I’ve been doing some research and scouring the web for recipes so I’ll keep you updated on what I find.

Signature Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...