July 30, 2012

Pinspired

Like many of you, I am addicted to Pinterest. I can’t wait to get on there each day to see the latest and greatest recipe, cleaning or decorating tip, or to find out what my next DIY project might be.

When I first signed up, I pinned things and didn’t even give a second look at what I had pinned. One day, while looking through the latest pins, I thought to myself, “when are you going to actually do something with these pins? Will you ever do anything with them?” From that day, I decided I was going to do something. Maybe not with every pin but I was going to try out the cleaning tips, the recipes and maybe even be a little crafty in my spare time *cough cough*.

My first Pinspired project was this cute wreath that I did back around Easter time. I thought it turned out pretty cute. If you want to make it for yourself, be sure to pick up the free printable I have in that post!

Each week I plan to blog about the pins I’ve tried the past week. I’ll let you know what worked, what didn’t and what needed to be tweaked. So, without further adieu….

This week I made Toddler Banana Pancake Muffins based on this pin.

photo 1 (2)

They were pretty good. The girls seemed to like them ok. Honestly though, I think I would have used a different pancake mix (I just picked up a very cheap pre-packaged serving) or maybe even make my own pancake mix. A word of caution though…because they have syrup in them, they’re a little sticky so be prepared for a little mess.


photo 2

This next pin I didn’t actually make myself but my sister did and it was so delicious that I quickly hopped on Pinterest and pinned it for myself for future reference. It’s this banana pudding cake and it is To.Die.For. So go, go now and make it for yourself!

 

Another recipe that I tried was based of this pin. I don’t know if you have noticed, but since I coupon I notice the prices of things and granola bars can get expensive! So when I saw this pin, I just HAD to try it out. Here is my version….
photo 3 (2)

I have to say, they are pretty yummy (James really liked them) but they never set up very well. In the recipe, she says if they don’t set up you can try putting them in the fridge for no more than 20 minutes. Well, I’m having to keep them in the fridge and they are not getting too hard. She also suggested using less butter next time which I will definitely be doing. I would say it cost me less than $1 to make these granola bars (1 recipe makes 12 bars) so I’ll definitely be making more just to have a fairly healthy snack around!

Ok, this last one is a cleaning tip.

Our shower for some reason can get pretty nasty. The soap scum is horrible and it takes a lot of elbow grease to get it cleaned off if it gets too bad. So one day I saw this pin and thought I’d give it a try because I’m all about cheap cleaning ingredients.
photo 2 (2)

All you do is fill up one of these up with half vinegar and half dawn dish soap. James did the majority of the work…because I just happened to take this back to our bathroom right as he was about to get in the shower ;) and I have to say, I was pretty impressed! This little tool has earned a permanent stay in our shower!
photo 1 (3)

So these are the pins I’ve tried this week. Every one of them are things that I will continue to make/use.

Some other pins (all recipes…I seem to never leave the kitchen) I’ve tried recently that have a permanent spot on my boards are….

  • Garlic Chicken – I would make more glaze and bake longer at a lower temperature
  • These Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs are delicious!
  • I’ve been making this dip for a few years now and it’s one of my favorites!
  • These chicken nuggets were a hit with the girls. I need to make a batch to have on hand in the freezer for them.

Are you on Pinterest? Let’s be friends!

Signature Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...