July 16, 2012

Menu Monday

Some of you may know that I coupon. I’m not quite as into it as I was right before the girls were born…simply because it’s hard for me to get to all the stores with 2 babies. So, in order to help keep our grocery bill down, I meal plan and it works really well.

When I start my meal plan (I usually plan 2 weeks at a time), I start by taking stock of what I already have and go from there. It goes in cycles but I usually have a pretty good supply of ingredients and buy meat every two weeks or so (pay day).

I also do fairly simple meals…with few ingredients. I like to cook, but I don’t like to have to do a whole lot of prep or have to use a lot of ingredients…especially during the week. Our evenings are hectic enough with dinner, baths & bed time.

The crockpot is also my friend. I usually use it at least once or twice a week. I love to cook chicken in it because it makes it so tender and makes it easy to shred when my recipe calls for shredded chicken.

Pinterest has given me a few good meals lately to add to my Meal Master List. I’ve only had one that was gross and it was Orange Chicken. That recipe quickly got tossed.

So here’s my menu for this week. (P.S. We like Mexican food)

  • Monday-Sour Cream Enchiladas w/homemade Black Beans
  • Tuesday-Chicken Teriyaki Kabobs – Not sure yet what I’m going to serve with these.
  • Wedensday-Chili Dogs w/homemade chili (I got 3 packages of Oscar Mayer Selects for FREE this past week!)
  • Thursday-Chicken Enchilada Casserole (AKA King Ranch Chicken to some of you)
  • Friday-Pizza Night or Eat out
  • Saturday-Spaghetti
  • Sunday-Chicken Fajitas w/all the fixins & homemade black beans

I don’t always follow the plan exactly. Some day’s I might be in the mood for something else on the menu so I’ll switch days. I also have a small stock of easy & quick meals that I keep in case I forget to thaw something or put that day’s meal in the crockpot I blame the baby toddlers for these days. ;)

Do you meal plan? Have any favorite recipes? I’m always looking for more so we don’t get bored with the same old thing every week.

*Don’t forget our MoMs post from last week. It’s not too late to link up!

Grey&Pink Signature

4 comments:

  1. I am the same way- I like to cook but it has to be easy! I also make out menu plans for 2 weeks at a time :) I have some of our favorites on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried so many different ways to meal plan, but none of them every work for me. It's like I have some sort of sensor in my head that says, "_____ for dinner? That sounds like the worst thing ever." Maybe one day I'll try to get back into it, but I'm tried of trying right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade chinese didn't work for me either! Your meal plan looks great. I work off of sales at our Sprouts and add a few new recipes here and there for interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE cooking chicken in the crock pot! One night I will make a casserole out of it (google chicken noodle makeover casserole- love it), next night chicken quesadillas (SO easy the way I do them!) and then its just good on salads, etc. It is easier for me to meal plan in the winter when Brandon is around. His schedule is just kind of all over the place these days.

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...