July 31, 2012

Menu Monday on Tuesday

I totally forgot about my Menu Monday post for yesterday! So I’m making up for it today (so I’m a little off late…story of my life).

Because we get paid twice a week, I actually plan 2 weeks at a time. My couponing “stockpile” has dwindled quite a bit so the menu this week is fairly simple. I’m hoping for some good sales in the very near future so I can stock back up.

  • Monday – Sour cream chicken enchiladas (I made a double batch last week) with black beans* (made in bulk in the crock pot) and Spanish rice.
  • Tuesday – Chipotle Chicken Pasta Salad*
  • Wednesday – Chick-fil-A (Chick-fil-A Appreciation day)
  • Thursday – Taco Ring
  • Friday – Pizza Night!
  • Saturday – Grilled Hamburgers
  • Sunday – Bacon Ranch Chicken (Crock Pot Recipe)

*Black beans are pretty expensive when you buy them in a can. If you buy them dry and make them yourself you can make them for about $0.25 per meal!!

Freezer Black Beans

  • Black Beans
  • Water

1. Sort and rinse the beans and put in crock pot

2. Season as desired. (I add salt, pepper, garlic, onion & cumin)

3. Cover with water. (Make sure to add enough water so the beans don’t dry up.)

4. Cook on high 6-8 hours

Once the beans are done, let them cool and then separate into freezer bags. I was able to get 5 “meals” (about 2 cups per bag) out of one bag of dry beans.

Chipotle Chicken Pasta Salad

  • 1 Box Chipotle Suddenly Pasta Salad
  • 1/2 cup frozen corn
  • Black Beans, rinsed
  • 2 Chicken breasts, diced
  • Olive Oil

photo 1 (2)

In a skillet, drizzle olive oil around one time and cook diced chicken, about 5 minutes on each side.

photo (5)

While the chicken is cooking, prepare pasta salad as directed on the box. Add corn the last 3 minutes of cooking the pasta.

Once the pasta is finished add the black beans and chicken and mix into pasta.

photo 2 photo 3

Put in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. Serve cold.

photo 4

It’s not all that pretty but it sure is tasty. And a good cheap summer meal!

Signature Channel

1 comment:

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...