July 19, 2012

FMBM: Starting Solid Foods

I’m linking up today on OUR NEW BLOG!

Let me just start this post by telling you that our situation with starting solids was not the standard and I haven’t really gone by the book that much.

We started the girls on baby food at around 4 months because Tillie had some really, really bad constipation issues (TMI?) Like crying, screaming, painful issues…for both of us. After a visit to the pediatrician, she had us start them on prunes, pears & peas. It took a couple of day for the girls to figure out what was going on but after that, there was no looking back.
11 10 11_1716 11 10 11_1719

After a few weeks, I decided I wanted to make my own baby food so I started with peas, they were the easiest. Making your own baby food is so easy! My only regret is that I didn’t start making it sooner and storing it in the freezer. I also wish I had done some mixed food recipes. There’s always next time…right? ;)

1508

Anyway, before I knew it, we were giving them food food! Like little pieces of food. We gave them puffs for a little while then BAM! We were feeding them off our plate. I guess you could say we kind of took a baby led weaning approach. The girls took to it perfectly! Honestly, I think they would have eaten just about anything we gave them…even now…well, maybe not Tillie. She’s gotten a little picky but still eats or at least tries everything we’ve given her. Tensley literally eats everything we give her…and then some.

Grey&Pink Signature

4 comments:

  1. My girls just turned a year old yesterday, and we have tried table food with them off and on. It is always one twin that is more pickier than the other. I realized, that because my girls were born premature (32 weeks) and they do not have a lot of teeth (one has 3 and the other as 4), they may not be ready for all the table food. They still eat baby food stage 3, and I give them mash potatoes. I am little hesitant to give them food off my plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is almost exactly what happened with us! Ours will eat everything as well. I think early exposure to lots of foods helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you (and your fellow FMBM bloggers) know that I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award. Really enjoy your link-ups! Take a look when you can and pass it along. Thanks so much!

    http://www.fullhands-fullhearts.com/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great they eat real food. My triplets don't even like if their puree has lumps in it! Total sooks!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...