I totally forgot about my Menu Monday post for yesterday! So I’m making up for it today (so I’m a little
off late…story of my life).
Because we get paid twice a week, I actually plan 2 weeks at a time. My couponing “stockpile” has dwindled quite a bit so the menu this week is fairly simple. I’m hoping for some good sales in the very near future so I can stock back up.
- Monday – Sour cream chicken enchiladas (I made a double batch last week) with black beans* (made in bulk in the crock pot) and Spanish rice.
- Tuesday – Chipotle Chicken Pasta Salad*
- Wednesday – Chick-fil-A (Chick-fil-A Appreciation day)
- Thursday – Taco Ring
- Friday – Pizza Night!
- Saturday – Grilled Hamburgers
- Sunday – Bacon Ranch Chicken (Crock Pot Recipe)
*Black beans are pretty expensive when you buy them in a can. If you buy them dry and make them yourself you can make them for about $0.25 per meal!!
Freezer Black Beans
- Black Beans
1. Sort and rinse the beans and put in crock pot
2. Season as desired. (I add salt, pepper, garlic, onion & cumin)
3. Cover with water. (Make sure to add enough water so the beans don’t dry up.)
4. Cook on high 6-8 hours
Once the beans are done, let them cool and then separate into freezer bags. I was able to get 5 “meals” (about 2 cups per bag) out of one bag of dry beans.
Chipotle Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1 Box Chipotle Suddenly Pasta Salad
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- Black Beans, rinsed
- 2 Chicken breasts, diced
- Olive Oil
In a skillet, drizzle olive oil around one time and cook diced chicken, about 5 minutes on each side.
While the chicken is cooking, prepare pasta salad as directed on the box. Add corn the last 3 minutes of cooking the pasta.
Once the pasta is finished add the black beans and chicken and mix into pasta.
Put in the refrigerator for about 1 hour. Serve cold.
It’s not all that pretty but it sure is tasty. And a good cheap summer meal!