May 1, 2012

Easy Homemade Salsa

I LOVE chips and dip. It was a staple waaayyyy back when I was in college. Me and a few of my good friends would gather in one of our dorm rooms and eat chips and salsa.....a lot. So much so that somewhere along the way we became the chips and salsa girls.

Last week I suddenly got the urge to make some instead of going to my trusty jarred kind...you know, the kind that's NOT made in New York City. Anyway, I just happened to have some ingredients that would work, so I quickly began throwing everything together.

Easy-Homemade-Salsa

Easy Homemade Salsa

Ingredients:

  • 2 cans of diced tomatoes and green chilies (I used one mild and one original)
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced (or 1/2 tsp if using jarred minced garlic)
  • 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
  • Salt & Pepper

Directions:

Dump all ingredients into a food processor. Using Pulse, mix ingredients until everything is finely chopped & mixed. Transfer salsa into a sealable container and place in fridge for 1 hour to allow the seasonings & flavors to blend together.

Serve and Enjoy!

I made the mistake of digging into the salsa before letting it sit in the fridge so I was a little disappointed but after pulling it out of the fridge for dinner, the flavors had blended together and it was quite tasty. I've been eating it just about every day since...and I have the sores in my mouth to prove it...I just can't get enough of it!
 
If you try it, let me know how yours turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...