May 8, 2012

1040i

“Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them. The people were amazed when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled made well, the lame walking and the blind seeing. And they praised the God of Israel. Jesus called his disciples to him and said, ‘I have compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat. I do not want to send them away hungry, or they may collapse on the way.”

Matthew 15:30-32

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of hearing Mike Cousineau of 1040i speak about this wonderful organization and what they are doing to help people in Africa. While listening to him speak, I desparately wanted to help in some way but I can’t really pick up and go to Africa so I decided that I would blog about it.

Who knows? Maybe one of you has the desire to go and help these people in this war torn area. Or maybe you would like to donate to their efforts to take safe drinking water to these people. Or maybe you’d rather donate to help their efforts in providing education to the children who no longer have access to education due to the war. OR, maybe you would like to donate to help someone get a  simple surgery that would save their life…a surgery that we would take for granted.

Rather than me going on and on, I think this video may explain better than I can about what and this organization is all about.

I was very touched by what this organization has done and plan to do whatever I can to help them continue on their mission to save lives and educate the people of Africa. I hope that you would join me too!

Grey&Pink Signature_thumb[1]

1 comment:

  1. A nice and beautiful post for the readers. Valuable information has been dislosed by the blog. A must read.

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...