April 4, 2012

Paparazzi

photo (41)

Do you ever hear about celebrities complaining about the paparazzi and how they have no privacy and you think to yourself, ‘you should have thought about that when you wanted to get into show business’? Well, I think I can now sympathize with them.

When we found out we were having twins, I prepared myself for all kinds of things that came with having two babies. We bought two of everything. We searched and researched for the best stroller and carriers. We decided they would be in the same crib and that we would keep them on the same schedule. What we didn’t think about was getting out and about with both babies and the attention it would bring.

At first, it didn’t bother me that people stopped us and doted on our sweet girls. I mean, they are adorable and all…but I may be a little biased. ;)  I didn’t mind answering their questions…’Are they identical? How old are they'? Do twins run in your family?’. Then, it started to be not so fun. All I want to do is run in the store, grab a few things and then get out of there. Now? Quick trips to the store turn into long trips to the store. I don’t always have the option to have someone watch the girls and sometimes, they like to get out of the house too so they go with me…a lot.

No, they don’t follow me home or stake out my home to take pictures. No they don’t take pictures of us when we are out and about. Thankfully, I don’t have to deal with that but I have told James on more than one occasion that I feel like we are a traveling side show.

Just last week, I went to the grocery store. I think I got stopped 3 times before I even got my cart through the doors. Then was stopped another 3 times before I got through the produce section. Then I probably got stopped on every other isle. By the time I got to the other end of the store, I heard people saying, “Oh, those must be the twins!” Really?! Do you just pass people in the isles and say, “hey, there’s an adorable set of twin girls here in the store.”?

I have to say, with twins becoming more common, I’m kind of surprised we get stopped so much. I try to be cordial. I don’t like to be rude. I’m getting use to it and realize that this is just going to be something I’m going to have to deal with for quite a while.

3 comments:

  1. I have 8 year old fraternal boys! I know exactly what you mean. It is crazy. I too feel like I am being watched, followed, whatever.. by Paparazzi. Lol. It's a bliss. I love the, "Are the identical" "who is older" and then all the sweet comments! And you are right, as common as they are, I am shocked people still flock to them. I call myself PRIVILEGED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way! I feel like people are always staring! And, it's especially hard when my boys are acting up or throwing tantrums in public! All eyes are on us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They definitely are adorable! I guess one way to look at it is that maybe those people stopping to talk might have prevented you from being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I have to remind myself that everything happens for a reason, even when I'm impatient and irritated. ;)

    ✿.。.☆♪♫*❤*Melly*❤*☆.。.✿

    Stapler’s Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...