April 19, 2012

The Glamorous Job of a SAHM

Who am I kidding? There is absolutely no glamor in being a SAHM. It’s work. Lots and lots of hard, grueling, break your back work. Yet it is the best job I’ve ever had.

This was my day yesterday…

Woke up at 8am. Got bottles ready. Poured my iced coffee. Took my medicine. Gave the girls their bottle. Changed and clothed the girls. Took them to their play area (one. at. a. time. Which means two trips down the hall and back again.) to play while I made breakfast. Cleaned up the kitchen. Made breakfast. Gave the girls their breakfast. I stood and watched them while I ate my breakfast. Cleaned up girls. Put the girls down for a nap.

(inhale)…

Cleaned up the high chairs. Cleaned the kitchen…Again. Vacuumed the front part of the house. Started a load of laundry. Folded a load of laundry. Put up a load of laundry. Picked up the living room and the girls bathroom. Got the girls up from their nap. Gave them their bottles. Fixed lunch. Gave the girls lunch. I stood and watched them while I ate my lunch. Changed diapers (two more trips down the hall & back). Took girls to their play area to play. Cleaned the kitchen…yet again. Separated the girls (Tensley loves her sister a little too much sometimes). Switched over the laundry. Separated the girls. Folded and put up a load of laundry. Put the girls down for a nap. Debated taking a nap…

(catching my breath)….

Vacuumed again (the girls are messy eaters). Folded 2 loads of laundry. Unloaded the dishwasher. Checked on girls. Laid down on my bed. Woke up 20 minutes later. Switched over laundry. Started dinner. James came home. Girls woke up. James gave them their bottles. He played with the girls while I finished dinner. Warmed up the girls dinner. We all ate dinner. James went out to mow the yard.

(sigh)…

Attempted to put up dinner. The girls started fussing. Cleaned them up and sat them at their activity center while I tried to put up dinner again. Went to put up dinner. Took Tensley back to activity center (she followed me to the kitchen). Went back to kitchen. Started loading dishwasher. Took Tensley to the step & play. Back to kitchen. Tensley starts crying. Tillie starts crying. Gave both girls their pacis. Back to kitchen. Tensley starts crying…and crying. Tillie starts crying. Bath time! Tillie gets put in Bumbo seat in bathroom. Wrestled Tensley to get her clothes off and into the tub. In walks my sister. Bathed Tensley. Wrestled Tensley to get her in a diaper and jammies. I start to sweat. Tensley gets handed over to Auntie. Wrestled Tillie to get her clothes off. She falls over & bumps her head on the floor. Comfort Tillie with hugs & kisses. Get Tillie in bath tub. My sister leaves. Bathed Tillie. Wrestled her to get her in her diaper and jammies. (I’m really working up a sweat at this point). Carried Tillie back to activity mat in living room while trying to get Tensley to follow. Set Tillie down. Crying ensues. Look back and Tensley has knocked over and is playing in the dirty laundry from their hamper that I brought from their room to take to the laundry room. Move Tensley to activity mat. Crying ensues. Off to kitchen to warm up bottles. Put both girls in their bouncers. Gave them their bottles. Girls asleep within minutes after finishing said bottles. Ahhhhh!

(Still with me? It’s not over yet.)

Clean up mess in bathroom. Walk to kitchen to clean it for the 5 millionth time! Decided to sit instead. Sat for 2 hours (and there was no way I was getting up anytime soon). James went to bed. I got up and picked up the girls toys. Folded a load of laundry. Switched over laundry. Took a shower. Crawled in bed.

(Whew! I think I burned just as many calories writing this post as I did experiencing this day!)

There are days where I wish (not really) that I had my old office job so that I could sit for extended periods of time again. I love being a SAHM but it’s the most physical job I’ve ever had. What would be nice is if a janitorial crew (like the ones who clean office buildings) would come in after bed time and clean up after us so I wouldn’t have to. lol

If I only knew what I know now about being a SAHM…………………………………...I’d still chose to be one.

Happy Thursday!

Grey&Pink Signature

1 comment:

  1. OH man, sounds very familiar! IT IS such a tough job, yet the best one!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...