March 26, 2012

A New Outlook

Before I start this post, I want to start by thanking everyone for their sweet, encouraging comments on some of my recent posts. It is very comforting to know that I’m not alone in my struggles with being a good mom and wife. Thank you for allowing me to vent. :)

You know how you have a good day and at the end of that day you feel like you can do anything? I had one of those days yesterday. It happens to me often…and usually after I’ve had a bad day…or a few bad days. However, I’m hoping this time, it’s different.

I plan on taking this feeling and enjoying it but also filing it away in my brain and in my heart. I want to be able to remember this feeling for when I have those bad days. I want to remember that there will be good days. Days that I feel like Super Woman and can accomplish things. Simple things.

This weekend, after many, many discussions about re-doing our bedroom, James finally decided it was time. I will blog more about this in detail later but basically, we did just that. We bought new furniture, a new quilt for our bed and new curtains. We emptied out the old furniture and moved it out. With an empty room, I went crazy on the cleaning. I vacuumed and dusted every little part of our room. Then we moved in the new furniture and put our room back together. It was awesome! I love our new bedroom. Its new and uncluttered and clean and PRETTY! We/I accomplished something and it felt good.

A few months ago, I made myself a Home Organization Notebook. I kind of got away from using it and am planning to get it back in order. I think it will help me with my day to day. However, for some parts of it, such as my daily/weekly chores, I am going to use it more of a guideline rather than a strict schedule. I am now accepting the fact that I will not be able to complete all of it but it will at least give me a bit of structure. I will “schedule” small daily tasks that I can accomplish and keep a list of the bigger things as weekly projects and if they don’t get done, I’ll just carry them over to the next week.

My main goal here is to be able to enjoy being with my girls during the day and spending time with family without worrying about my ‘to do’ list.

Now I need YOU, my loyal readers, to help me. I am not perfect and I am going to try to stay positive, but I am human, so it’s very possible you will see more posts of me venting about not being to get it all done. So, if you see more posts like this one, let me vent but please remind me of today’s post so I can get back on track.

Grey&Pink Signature

1 comment:

  1. What a great new outlook and I am also starting to have a different outlook on things since I've become a new mom. The evenings and weekends are not as productive as they used to be, but I do realize that my little girl is growing up fast and there are so many things that I don't want to miss. We must embrace those moments.

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...