March 29, 2012

A Journey to Onederland

About a month or so ago, I decided on the theme for TnT’s 1st birthday (I’ve actually been thinking about this since they were born…maybe even before). Anyway, I am doing a Onederland theme….Alice style.

I have done lots of research and pinned lots of ideas and I’ve started purchasing things for their party (even though I’m going all out, I’m still trying to do this on a small budget). With Easter and Spring stuff out in the stores now is the perfect time to buy stuff for this particular theme.

When I did craft shows, I had a Spring booth set up with tissue paper topiaries, butterflies and flowers. Thankfully, I still have that stuff because I am so going to use it for the girls’ party.
Tissue Flowers 00003  Deluxe 00007

Once Target re-stocked their dollar section with the spring items I was beyond excited to find pink flamingo yard stakes. Also from the dollar section, I’ve picked up some baskets, flower pots and recently found a white rabbit! You can’t have Onderland without the white rabbit.
photo 1 (13)

I’ve also been scoping out Hobby Lobby and Dollar Tree. I found some Alice in Wonderland coloring books at Dollar Tree and snatched up some cute little mushrooms at Hobby Lobby.

Since some of the attendees read my blog, I’m going to save some of the details until after the party but I will tell you that there will be a rabbit hole, a Mad Hatter Tea Party and a Queens court.

I’m probably a little more excited about this than I should be since TnT will not remember this party at all. Oh well, I’ll just have to make sure I have pictures for them to look back on. :)

Now I just need to get busy and start designing the printable party d├ęcor!

Did you go all out for your child(ren)’s 1st birthday? What did you do?

Grey&Pink Signature

3 comments:

  1. I think those look adorable and I can't wait to see the after!! It's definitely going to be a hit. Great job! Now you have me wondering about my 2 month olds 1 year birthday.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The 1st is just as much for you as it is them :)
    Our theme was Thing 1 & Thing 2 from Cat in the hat. They wore the t-shirts & I went all out with the decorations and the cake was the cutest thing ever!
    Can't wait to see more of the Onderland pics

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...