February 13, 2012

It’s Time

It’s been 2 weeks since my MIL passed away. It’s been tough but it’s gone by fast. We’re doing ok…baby steps. Knowing that she is with Jesus in a much better place helps but there are still times when the sadness hits. Sometimes it hits hard and other times it comes and goes. We grieve. We carry on. It’s what she would have wanted.

It’s been 2 weeks. It’s time to get back to normal….a new normal. Last Wednesday, I got up, got the girls up and dressed for the day. I had no intention of going anywhere but as I was doing dishes that morning I decided I needed to get out of the house. I needed my mind to be distracted so I called my sister. Is just so happened that when she got her kids to school, they were met by a teacher who told them there was no school because they had a water main break and she had decided to take the kids to lunch and then to the Science Museum (a great place to go when the weather is icky). The girls and I decided to tag along (next time I’m taking my “real” camera)

Main FloorMouth
Playing with BubblesTractor Girl
Little Scientist

Little AstronautsPosers

We had a lot of fun. It was a good distraction and just what I needed. I felt refreshed and ready to conquer the world the next day.

I’m ready to get back to blogging again. I’ve had a lot of topics come up in my head that I need to get out (probably should jot them down before I forget!).

Grey&Pink Signature

1 comment:

  1. That looks like an amazing place. So glad you all had fun together. laughter is good medicine!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...