February 16, 2012

I Love Saving Money

I am a couponer (I have to be since we went from a family of 2 to a family of 4 and an income of 2 to an income of 1). I do not, however, consider myself an extreme couponer like you see on TV. I like to have a small stock pile…although I find that we often eat most of the “stock pile” before the next good sale comes along. I do not have 500 bottles of shampoo or 300 sticks of deodorant or 200 bottles of mustard. However,at any given time you might find 17 boxes of cereal in my pantry. What? You don’t eat cereal for breakfast, dinner & dessert?

I try to make at least one couponing trip per week…unless the sale just sucks then I don’t go at all that week…and I usually spend somewhere around $20-$30 and save around 60-65%. This week I was so giddy about my shopping trip that I decided I HAD to blog about it. This week I saved 75%! It’s been a while since I’ve saved that much…on my very first couponing trip I think I saved like 82% but haven’t done that well since…and it’s kinda hard when only one “like” coupon doubles. This means that if you buy 2 or more of the same thing and have coupons for both items, only the first one doubles and the other is just taken at face value. I’d really like to know where and how these extreme couponers get around this because most stores that I’ve seen have the same type of policy.

I also meal plan for 2 weeks at a time…because pay day is every other Friday. When I plan out my meals, I typically only need to buy about 2-5 items…I try to plan my meals around what I have “in stock”.

Ok, so to show off this week’s couponing trip….are you as excited as I am? ;)
photo 3 (8)
photo 1 (13)
photo 2 (13)

Here are the notable deals that I got:
12pk of Coke Zero = FREE (thanks to my coke rewards)
2 boxes Totino’s Pizza Rolls = $0.26 for both
2 packages of Land o Frost lunch meat = $0.60 for both
2 boxes of Famous Amos cookies = $0.99/ea.
5 boxes of Hamburger Helper = $0.59/ea.
1 bottle Welch’s Grape Jelly = $0.19
Hormel Always Tender Pork Chops = $2.74
Philadelphia Indulgence Milk Chocolate spread = FREE + $0.50 overage
2 cans Bumble Bee tuna = FREE
Keebler Fudge Stripes cookies = $0.44
Kraft Fresh Take (Mix Coat & Bake kit) = FREE

I spent a total of $27.38 tax included (I had to buy a couple of things without coupons but the items I bought were on sale).

Sometimes clipping & printing coupons is a pain in the you know what but when I get to that check out line and the adrenaline rush that washes over me as I watch my total go down, down, down makes it all worth it!

In what ways do you save money? I’d love to hear all about it!

Grey&Pink Signature

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome! I need to get over being so lazy and really use coupons. I use a few here and there, but I would love to save more money....haha! Don't we all wanna do that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you are amazing! My kids love those kraft fresh take crumb mixes. I even figured out how to copy the idea for when the promotion runs out! Happy discounting!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...