January 5, 2012

What’s New in 2012

So with a new year, we are adjusting to our new lives with the twinsies…yes, I know it’s been 6 months…it’s taken us me that long to get out of the new baby(ies) fog. Now that we are a family of four, we need to make some changes.

The first order of business was a budget. We I still kinda had the mentality that we still had 2 incomes. Well, around Christmas, that mentality was quickly crushed. Our spending had caught up with us enough to take a step back and say, “whoa, somethings gotta give”. So, this weekend I spent a billion 3 hours (what? I suck at math so it takes that long. Give me a break.) getting our budget all fixed up and printed out on a nice little spreadsheet. I have to admit, it was a little painful….there may have even been some tears but now that it’s done I’m pretty happy we have one. It kinda feels like a challenge to me….to save money. The best part about it….I didn’t have to factor in an enormous grocery budget thanks to my couponing.

Another thing we I will be working on is purging. How do 2 people acquire so much crap in 11 years…we had a restart in 1999 when we lost pretty much everything in a tornado and finished and moved into our current house in 2000. I have walk-in closets that are full to the max, a craft room that is full of things I’ll never use…I admit, I’m a craft supply hoarder, and cabinets & drawers that act as catch-alls for things that don’t have a proper place. I need to make room for these babies of ours and the possibility of more babies. I just need. to. organize.

Last but not least, I want to build my businesses. I told James when I quit my corporate job to become a SAHM that I still want to “work” to bring in a little extra income. I’ve had my Etsy shops, A Scrappy Design and {embellish*ology} for a while now but I’d like to really focus on them…specifically {embellish*ology} since I’m transitioning that shop to printables. I also want to build HeatherLeighMills Photography which by the way I likely have my first paying gig this month because it has been my passion in the last few years…especially now that I have my own babies to photograph :)

So, there you have it. I think these goals are pretty attainable for this year. What are your goals for 2012?

Grey&Pink Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...