January 19, 2012

God Can Move Mountains

Here it is 12:30am and I am just getting into bed. We had a very long day that started with an early phone call from my heart broken father-in-law telling James to get to the hospital.

Back tracking a bit...
For those of you who may not know, my mother-in-law was in a car accident in November of last year. She was in ICU for about two weeks and has been hospitalized & recovering from her injuries for the last 2 months. It's been tough...for her...and for our family.

Last week she insisted they let her go home so they sent her home with some equipment and a private nurse. This past Sunday, she was having trouble breathing & started vomiting blood so back to the hospital she went. They admitted her to the ICU.

Last night...actually, this morning at 3:30am, she went into cardiac arrest. They were able to revive her and she was stable for about 3 hours until she went into cardiac arrest again at 6:30am. They worked on her until 7:20am when they finally got a pulse. This is when we got the phone call.

After making some arrangements for someone to come watch the girls (thank you Amanda, Mom, Dad, & Aunt DeeAnn!) we started the longest 30 mile drive to the hospital. When we got to the hospital, we were told there wasn't much hope. Her blood pressure was EXTREMELY low, she wasn't responsive & had to be intubated. We were devastated. I started calling, texting & twittering all my prayer warriors to pray. We waited.

All day family trickled in & out. Pastors & church members would come to comfort & pray. All day we waited. There were no changes. We had lost hope & were preparing ourselves for the worst. And then there was a glimmer of hope.

As James, his brother and myself were surrounding my MIL this evening, thinking about saying good-bye, James started talking to his mom and she turned her head toward him tried to open her eyes, and lifted her arm! James looked at me and me at him and I said, "Did she just move?!" "Yes!" he replied. We told the nurse & after some reflex tests, she decided that yes, she was indeed being responsive. After a quick call to the doctor, it was decided that she would be given a different medicine to get her blood pressure back up & hopefully her kidneys functioning again.

After the new medicine was administered, her BP immediately shot up and she continued to be responsive. At one point, she opened her eyes & signed that she was hurting!

After that, I left James at the hospital & came home to relieve family that was watching the girls. At last check, which was right before I began writing this post, my MIL's BP has continued to rise & she has started squeezing my FIL's hand.

This morning, when we got that phone call, I didn't have that feeling of doom. But after getting to the hospital & seeing her & my FIL, I started to panic. I temporarily lost sight of my faith. But He reminded me that God can move mountains.

We are being cautiously optimistic but God has a plan and whatever that plan is, I know he'll be right there with us every step of the way.


3 comments:

  1. I hope and pray for her, and you guys, that she makes a recovery. Or, continues to.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. hang in there. You are incredibly strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I jus prayed for her
    She will be heals&all better soon...do not lean on ur own understanding
    Trust in the lord with ur heart God Bless..

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...