December 29, 2011

Out & About with Twins…Alone

When I found out I was pregnant with twins, I didn’t even think about how I was going to manage once hubby went back to work and my help grew increasingly rare. After mustering up a little bit of courage, I started to figure it out.

Now, if I know we are going to be leaving the house the next day, I get the girls’ diaper bag packed up the night before, set out their clothes and try to get a shower myself (I typically like to shower in the morning but sometimes the night before is just easier). Once we are all ready, I pack up the diaper bag, my coupon box (because I don’t go anywhere without it!) and anything else we might need. Then I load the girls in their carriers (we use Chicco Key fit carriers) and then load them into the car one at a time. Off we go!

Once we get to where we are going, this is how I get everything out of the car…we use the Chicco Cortina Together Double Stroller (believe it or not, when the girls were smaller, I would carry both carriers…one on each arm!).

image

So I unload the stroller and then I attach the diaper bag to the handles (I have this Kalencom bag that has stroller straps on the sides) and then I load up the stroller with anything else that needs to go with us. Once I have everything unloaded, it’s time to get the babies out! I push the stroller to one side of the car, lock the wheels of the stroller (because I don’t want the stroller to go rogue on me…especially with a baby inside!) and then I attach the first girlie in her carrier onto the stroller. Then I push the stroller to the other side and do the same with the other girlie. I have this process down to about 2-3 minutes tops.

Once I get into the store, I grab my shopping cart and then push the cart with one hand while pulling the stroller with the other. I can do it this way because when the carrier handle is down, I use that as my handle. Now I’ve tried this the opposite way…where I push the stroller and pull the cart and it does not work for me this way at all. Because it’s so long and with the added weight, it’s much harder to steer the stroller with one hand…it’s easier to pull it.

To all twin mommies who have yet to try to venture out by themselves with their twinsies, if I can do this, so can you! However, be prepared to get a lot of looks and comments. Also, people are much more willing to help you (although I never let them because I’m a “I can do it myself” kind of girl. :)

Good luck mommies! Let me know if you try this and how it works for you. Also, if you have a different method, I’d love to hear about it!

Grey&Pink Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...