December 22, 2011

Losing It!

Yes, I’m losing my mind but what I’m talking about is weight. I gained about 45 pounds with my pregnancy. When I left the hospital, I had lost almost exactly the total weight of both girls. In the first month after they were born, I lost about 40 pounds (I think most of it was water weight…I was sooooo swollen!). I still need to lose the last 5 but I would really like to lose about 15 (I’m tired of wearing Spanx to suck in my flabby baby belly).

For the last 2 weeks, I have been telling James that I’m going to start walking/running on the treadmill but there are boxes in front of it so I’ve been using that as an excuse. I hate making New Year’s resolutions and I don’t remember a year that I have done so but I think next year, getting down to my ideal weight is my goal. This is a very important goal because I want to be in good shape for my next (God willing) pregnancy.

Ok, I can’t believe I’m doing this but I need some accountability so I’m going to share a couple of very embarrassing photos.

Now, I know this was just 5 days after the girls were born and I was still very swollen but Oh. My. Gosh! When I was looking back at these pictures the other day (and I still can’t believe I’m sharing it now), I almost died. That rocking chair was pretty wide and I filled the whole thing! Seeing this picture (although I’m no where near that big now) was definitely motivation.

07 12 11_1237

Still can’t believe I’m sharing these… Ok, this is pretty much what I look like now…except I’m wearing yoga pants that are a little bit very tight so they suck in my gut & hips a little bit. I’ve never had a flat stomach but it’s never really bothered me until now. Before it was my hips that drove me crazy….and they still do.

10 31 11_2100
Oh look! A little muffin top. Nice. Can we say pear shape? Ugh.

Ok, now that I’ve humiliated myself, I’m here to tell you that I am getting my big enormous booty on that treadmill!. I’m horrible at dieting. I am a pretty picky eater and I don’t really like a lot of healthy foods so I’m just going to have to work by booty off….literally. This isn’t going to happen until after Christmas so I need you, my readers, to remind me after the holidays that it’s time to get my rear in gear…pun intended. ;)

Yours truly (covering my face in shame)
Grey&Pink Signature

2 comments:

  1. You look fabulous to have twin daughters so young! Just keep wearing those tight yoga pants to hold everything in for at least six months!! My mom told me to do that when I had a c-section. I didn't, and regret it to this day. My son is 22. I did have abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) to remove some "junk" when he was 13, but could have avoided it (I think) if I'd listened. (sigh)

    Melly<><
    staplersstrategies@gmail.com
    Stapler’s Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I think you look great!!:-) I know that I have to feel better about myself before I can accept compliments so you're probably like me.. So after Christmas, and after I have my babies we will be workout buddies through the Internet! Haha we will inspire and help each other through it!! Remember you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...