October 10, 2011

Randomness

My mom brain has been in full force lately so I can’t ever thing of blog topics. So, I hereby give you some random thoughts/updates. If there is anything you’d like me to blog about, let me know. I’m open to suggestions.

The girls turned 3 months on Friday! I can’t believe how fast it’s gone. I’ll have a 3 month update soon.

It rained here all weekend. I’m over it. Bring the sunshine back, please.

I started walking with the girls on Friday. There’s a park just up the road from us and it has a 1.5 mile track. That little jaunt just about killed me! I figured it up and with the girls in their carriers in the stroller, the stroller weighs at least 55-60 lbs. You wouldn’t think that is that bad but this track has some small inclines and it was crazy windy that day so imagine pushing 60 lbs up inclines and against the wind. My booty was so sore! Anyway, I went back and walked again on Saturday…alone this time…and before the rain arrived. Now I’m hooked and ready to go again…hopefully later this morning. I need to loose the last 5 lbs of baby weight….and would like to lose another 10 lbs after that!

Had a GNO (girls night out) with my BFF Saturday night. It was the first time in….well, I can’t even remember our last GNO. It was quite a while before the girls arrived even (I think). We had fun chatting & catching up. Then we made a trip to Gigi’s Cupcakes and then went to Target. Wild & crazy GNO, huh? :D

I got caught up on my coupons last week. I had papers piling up with coupons that needed to be clipped so I took care of those & cleaned out the expired coupons in my coupon box. It felt good to have it done. It was especially nice when I made my weekly grocery shopping trip. I did pretty good this last week. I spent $21 on all of this (I got the 10 cans of Red Gold tomatoes/sauce for free!)….
Shopping Trip

I finally broke out my fall d├ęcor (hey, post idea!). I didn’t go all out…just hints of fall here and there.

My mom is having back surgery this Friday (prayers appreciated). The doctor told her she’ll need to try not to lift anything for 4 months! She has been a huge help to me with the girls so I don’t know what I’m going to do. :(

My SOONERS won Saturday! They slaughtered Texas, WOOOHOOO!

Signature new

3 comments:

  1. I'm new to the blog and can only imagine that it might be hard to gather thoughts for blog posts with all the insanity going on in your life!
    You are SUPER MOM!
    I used to take my girls for walks (thirteen months apart) in a double stroller and the hills killed me... mix in wind and inclines - I would be toast.
    Way to go on getting back into the swing of things. I need to move my butt too!!!
    Prayers for your mom as she goes into back surgery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A GNO that involves cupcakes AND Target?! Sounds like my kind of Saturday night! :) I recently went to Baby Gap and saw 3 month-old baby clothes and almost cried- so much cuteness! Hard to believe my buddy once fit into such cute clothes! Also, a post on fall decor might be a good idea.
    Hope your mom's surgery goes well and the recovery is Quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't seem possible that they are 3 months old!

    I need you to teach me how to do the coupons and save that much!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...