October 13, 2011

Mommy Dilemma: No Nap Babies

I am at my wits end. I need some mommy advice…..

My dilemma:  neither one of the girls will take good naps…unless we are out running errands, then they sleep the whole time. I can’t keep leaving the house because my house is turning into a pig sty (not to mention how exhausting it is to get the three of us ready to leave the house and then be gone all day). And….I would like to re-open my Etsy shop and maybe start taking clients for my photography biz. However, every time I’ve tried to put them down for a nap so I can get something done, at least one of them screams. So, if the other one is asleep or falling asleep, it wakes her up. I feel like I’ve tried everything. Even when they do fall asleep it’s only for about 10-15 minutes.

Do you have this problem? Did you have this problem with young babies?

HALP!!

Signature new

3 comments:

  1. Naps are always hard!!! You have to be consistent, put down at the same time everyday (as realistic as possible), use the sound machine, and give them a minimum time of at least one hour in the morning and 1 1/2 hours in the afternoon if under 15 months.
    Remember you cannot MAKE one baby sleep, much less two!!! But you can provide the best environment to help with that. I had to change my mindset: they could cry, play or sleep but from this time to this time is "downtime"!!!
    Laura www.momsoncall.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to recommend Mom's on Call, and then I saw that Laura from MOC commented. Along w/MOC, I did Babywise with my older two kids. Both programs were magic for us. It may take a few days of some crying, but it will be worth it. Any chance you can put them in separate rooms for naps? Even if you just need to use a pack n play or something. This would alleviate them waking each other up - especially if you need to let one cry it out. Hope you get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck to babywise. MOC and leaving your babies to cry for hours.

    I babysit another baby around my daughters age and I ran into this very problem until I started using my Ergo. I put one on my back and hold the other baby (normally hold the sleepier one. We bounce/walk in a dark room until one or both of them fall asleep.

    Learning to transfer the baby from the back to the bed is the hardest part, but once you get the hang of it it's really easy.

    I would also recommend a sound machine or a fan, some babies just need that background noise to stay asleep.

    If I could go back, I would get a sitter once a month at least. Even if you stay home with the babies and the sitter you need some time to just zone out. Maybe you could get a family member to come over for a few hours and play with them that way you don't have to go anywhere and YOU get that break. Pigstys can wait, life won't :)

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...