September 21, 2011

Wandering Thoughts

My poor babies had their 2 month Well Child appointment today which means their first immunizations. :(  Normally, I would have them awake this late in the evening so they will sleep at night but I’m going to let them sleep. Poor babies.

2 Month Well Child

Just a week ago I took the girls in for reflux. If you follow me on Twitter, you might have seen me tweeting about having to call 911 for Tillie. To make a long story short, she spit up and aspirated. I knew how to handle it but her lips turned blue and she went limp on me so I called just in case. Thankfully, we were all ok before the first responders arrived (which was less than 3 minutes, btw).

Anyway, when I took the girls in last week they weighed 10lbs 6oz & 10lbs 4oz. Well today at their Well Child, Tillie weighed 10lbs 11oz & was 21 5/8” and Tensley weighed 10lbs 9oz and was 21 3/4”. They’ve gained almost a half a pound in just a week! According to the doctor, the girls are doing really well. Their next Well Child appointment isn’t until they are 4 months old.

On to the Wandering Thoughts…….

My online friend Megan, does Midweek Randoms on Wednesdays and I thought it was a great idea because through the week I think, “Oh, I should blog about that”, but then time gets away from me and then I forget what I was going to blog about. So, I hope she doesn’t mind me doing this.

*I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season. YUM!

*TnT have the most kissable cheeks. I can’t get enough of them.

*I’ve given up on breastfeeding. The circumstances around the birth of the girls just didn’t allow me to get off to a good start. I could never get into a good rhythm and I couldn’t get Tensley to latch consistently. I couldn’t even pump consistently. I tried. I failed. But I’m ok…I’ll just try again next time.

*Me & the girls are getting better at a schedule. They are only waking up once (around 2am) to eat.

*I’m loving watching the girls’ personalities develop. They are definitely two individuals.

*We are already talking about round two (don’t worry, it’s not for quite a while)

*If I don’t get to do something creative soon, I think I might just die.

*Our closet and our home office are so disorganized it’s driving me crazy. One of these days I’ll tackle both…when the mood strikes.

*I need to get back into couponing. My grocery bill is starting to make me sick…especially since we are having to buy 2-3 cans of formula each week.

*I love being home with the girls and am thankful that I have the opportunity to do so.

*I FINALLY ordered birth announcements and plan on sending them with the long overdue thank you’s (Yes, I know, bad girl, but I had bad carpal tunnel up until the girls were about 6 weeks old and then well…I have TWO babies. I’m doing good if I remember to eat!)

*The photo album on my iPhone now has over 1000 photos. :)

*I still love doing the girls laundry. Folding tiny clothes is so fun.

*I’m addicted to baby clearance racks (good thing about the previous statement, huh?)

*I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being a Mom. For a long time I wanted it and thought it would never happen. Even now, I can’t believe it actually happened.

*God is Good!

Hope you had a wonderful Wednesday!

Signature new

3 comments:

  1. Love your midweek randoms! AND the sweet pics of TnT! I need to coupon, too!

    Such a fun time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading about other twins and twin mommas. Mine are five months now it goes by so fast. J and r always sleep all day when they have shots. TnT are adorable...love having double blessings of twins!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...