September 19, 2011

Two Months

I am in love with these two. They just crack me up….and keep me on my toes. :)

Tillie-&-Tensley-1WM

I can’t believe it’s already been two months since these little angels turned our world upside down! It’s been quite the ride, these past two months.

Sleep deprivation has definitely taken a toll on this momma. For about 2-3 weeks, I slept on the couch and the girls slept in their loungers. They just wouldn’t sleep in their beds. It actually worked out good for me because it was sooo much easier getting up off the couch than getting out of bed (our bed is super comfy). Nights are getting easier, however since both girls really only wake up once during the night to eat. It’s the daytime that’s a little difficult because they are having more awake time then so momma has to entertain a lot and doesn’t really get much done as far as housework is concerned.

I definitely have the momma brain. I’ve been doing things that I just can’t explain. For example, I pay for things and then forget to take the “things” as I leave. I will do something and then not remember what I’ve done just seconds later. Yesterday afternoon, I had warmed up some leftovers for lunch and had it on the counter. Then I grabbed a glass to pour myself a drink and when I went to pour it, I almost poured it in my leftovers. I mean, who does that?! No really, who??

The girls have been having a little trouble with reflux and has scared momma a few times but they are now on antacid medicine and are doing much better.

Tillie @ 2 Months:

Tillie-Close-up-WM

Tillie is my morning baby. She always wakes up with a smile. She is also cooing a lot and starting to smile. She is very active, moving her arms and legs a lot. She is also calm, laid back and pretty patient. She will typically let out a few grunts or quick cries when she needs something. However, after several minutes if her needs aren’t met, she can and will start screaming. :D

She is going to physical therapy for a condition called Torticollis. Torticollis is where the main muscles in your neck get extremely tight. Tillie acquired this condition on her left side while being in the birth canal with her sister’s hands and feet. It causes her to favor looking to her right. Her therapy is going well. The muscle is a lot more relaxed but she is still favoring to her right side so we will continue therapy until she quits favoring that side. She does, however, hold her head up pretty well when she’s having tummy time or when you hold her over your shoulder.

She has completely outgrown the newborn clothes and is quickly outgrowing the 0-3 clothes. She is a fast eater, eating 4oz every 3.5-4 hours. At her last doctor’s appointment, she weighed 10 lbs 6oz. She is not much of a napper during the day but will sleep in 5 hour stretches at night.

Tillie loves bath time. She just sits in the tub and stares at the shower curtain. (I’m wanting to put some colorful things around the mirror over the sink to get her to look that way to help with her therapy on her neck.)

I would like to say she loves to shop but she will fall asleep shortly after being put in the car seat and typically doesn’t wake up until we return home so she never even realizes she has left the house! That’s ok with me though because it makes shopping easier and more fun for momma when the girls are quiet. :)

Tensley @ 2 Months:

Tensley-Close-up-WM

Tensley is our little spit fire (not surprising since she has the red hair). She is our more vocal one…when she wakes up she goes straight to screaming. She’s not all that patient. We have just recently got her to smile when she’s awake but it takes a little work (she use to only smile in her sleep). She will also “talk” to you if you talk to her first. She is also our sensitive one. If her sister starts fussing and doesn’t get tended to quick enough, Tensley will start crying with her as if to say, “hello?! sissy is crying and needs some attention!” It’s really cute. :)

She has outgrown the newborn clothes and is quickly outgrowing the 0-3 month clothes. She, like her momma, is a slow eater but takes 4oz every 3.5-4 hours. At her last doctor’s appointment she weighed 10lbs 4oz. She loves to sleep. She’ll sleep in 6 hour stretches or more during the day if we let her. She does the same at night (we do let her sleep longer at night…it’s just better for mommy & daddy).

Tensley wasn’t so sure about bath time in the beginning but has grown to love it. She coos through the whole process. However, she gets cold pretty easily so she likes her bath water pretty warm and will try to sink down into the water as much as she can. She also, like her sister, likes to stare at the shower curtain but is also fascinated with the scroll work on the mirror over the sink.

I would like to say she loves to shop but she will fall asleep shortly after being put in the car seat and typically doesn’t wake up until we return home so she never even realizes she has left the house! That’s ok with me though because it makes shopping easier and more fun for momma when the girls are quiet. :)

 

It’s been a crazy two months but we’ve gotten through. We’re looking forward to the next few months when they start hitting more developmental milestones. Hopefully, we’ll be getting more sleep! :)

 Signature new

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...