September 8, 2011

Happy Birthday TnT (Part 2)

If you missed the first part of my birth story, you can get caught up here.

Let’s see….we left off with us deciding it was time for a c-section. Well they wheeled me back to the O.R. (me bawling the whole way) and got me prepped. All I remember is crying and shaking violently (which I realized later was due to the ephedrine I received earlier that day). Just a few minutes after hubsy came into the room Miss Tillie was born and after lots of tugging and pushing (because Baby ‘B’ was up pretty high) out came Miss Tensley. My tears of frustration and disappointment turned to happy tears. I heard lots of crying and nurses saying how perfect they were. My girls had finally arrived.

TnT Newly Born

Tillie Ann               Tensley Kate
            Born 10:17pm           Born 10:19pm              
6 lbs                      6 lbs  2oz
18.5”                         19.5”  

When they first wheeled me back, the nurses were asking me if I had any family waiting for the girls to arrive. I told them yes and that they were like paparazzi. Well, when they were taking me to recovery, I saw almost all of my family in the doorway staring at the two little girls that James was holding. One nurse looked at me and said, “You weren’t kidding about the family paparazzi”. I just laughed and said, “Yep, that’s how they roll. They never miss a thing.”

My BFF was amongst the paparazzi that night and she captured what turned out to be my most favorite moment of that day…and possibly my most favorite of all time.Proud Papa

I don’t think I’ve ever seen him happier. I’m so glad that she was able to capture this moment…a moment I wasn’t able to witness first hand.

Ok, now let’s backtrack a bit. This part is still a little hard for me. Remember when the nurses where saying how perfect they were? Well, when I got back to the recovery room, Tensley was the only one they brought to me….they were checking out Tillie because they had noticed she was taking some rapid breaths. I didn’t even think about it and started to try to feed Tensley. After a few minutes, a nurse came in and said she was just going to check Tensley. Before I knew it, they were taking Tensley to the NICU and told me that they had already moved Tillie there as well. My heart was broken. I had done everything I could to make sure they arrived full-tem, at a good weight and healthy so they wouldn’t end up in the NICU. So far everything about delivery had gone completely opposite of what I wanted.

Late in the afternoon on Friday (the girls were born on Thursday), I finally got to go to the NICU to see my girls. It was so hard seeing them with all the tubes & wires and Tillie was on CPap. I cried all the way back to my room. By Friday afternoon, they had taken her off the CPap which made my day a little better.

On Monday, I was released and had to go home without either one of my girlsSad smile but by Tuesday we were able to bring Tensley home and by Thursday we were a family of four with Tillie’s homecoming.

And then the real fun began….
Stay tuned for TNT drama Smile

Signature new

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!! They are BEAUTIFUL!! And happy you are all home together!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love that picture as well. Glad I captured that moment for you. Love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from SUYL! Your girls are adorable and I loooove their names! I'm momma to two & half yo twin girls, but mine were born at 29 weeks, I can't believe you made it so far, that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... they were BIG!!! You did great momma.

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...