September 12, 2011

The First Month

Still playing catch up….

1 month B&W WM

For about the first two weeks the girls were home, my mom stayed with us which was a great help. The girls were pretty easy the first couple weeks. It was just hard getting up every 3 hours to feed them. Then it all hit the fan. At week 3, the girls decided to start being fussy in between feedings so the little sleep we got in the first two weeks was even less after that. There were many nights that all three of us girls were crying. In fact, that reminds me of a funny story….

One evening my mom & hubsy sent me to bed to get some rest. Well, after a short while, they brought one of the girls to me because they could not get her to settle down. I’m not sure what happened after that but before I knew it, I was holding both girls and my mom & hubsy had abandoned me gone to get bottles. One started fussing and while I was trying to console her the other one started fussing. It wasn’t too much longer that all three of us were crying so I started to yell for help. After a couple of pleas for help, my mom showed up, saw all of us bawling and started laughing. When I saw her laughing I knew how funny it must have looked to walk in and see momma crying along with the babies so I started laughing. So there I was laughing and crying all at the same time. Gotta love those post-partum hormones.

1 month-2 WM

Signature new

2 comments:

  1. Precious photos! I remember crying like that with Brayden one time- I think it's totally normal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, lot's of crying happened here too

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...