September 27, 2011

Being a SAHM

Before getting pregnant with the girls, I had all these ideas of being a SAHM. I was going to have the house clean, get all the cabinets and closets cleaned out and organized, have dinner on the table when James got home from work, blah, blah, blah. Then I got pregnant…with twins.

First of all, since I was pregnant with twins, by the time the nesting bug hit, I wasn’t physically able to do any of the things I wanted to get done. Even then I thought well, I’ll get to nest after the girls are here. Then the girls arrived.

Once the girls were here, I had to have help. I had to rely on others to do things for me. I hated that.

It has only taken me about 10 weeks but I finally decided to give up on my ideas about being a SAHM. The house will never be clean all at once, the laundry will never be completely done, dinner may not always be ready at 5pm and I’m ok with that…for now. Right now I need my sanity…and sleep. So, I’m just going to enjoy the girls and will be happy with whatever chores I AM able to get done. All the cleaning and organizing can wait.

Signature new

4 comments:

  1. Yes, being a SAHM is never what you think it'll be! NEVER! All those women who glorify it< they are full of it! ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! My daughter is 20 months and I'm still trying to fit all those things in one day. I'm busier than ever and my house is rarely totally picked up, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had those same ideas when I was pregnant with Brayden, and over time, had the same realizations. It didn't matter that my house was immaculately clean, or if dinner was amazing and on the table by 6pm every night. What mattered was that my family's most immediate needs were met.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have one and I had to give up my thoughts about being a glamorous SAHM!!! The house is clean, but never all at once. We have dinner (usually) but sometimes it's DiGiorno! I posted recently about a cleaning schedule that I'm using and loving. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...