December 30, 2010

Pregnant?

Ok, let’s recap. Wednesday was transfer day and the following Friday was the end of the dreaded 2 week wait.

By the next Tuesday I was starting to feel bloated. I had had a little bit of bloating due to the medicines I was taking so I didn’t think anything of it. By Thursday, I was so bloated I literally looked like I was about 6 months pregnant. Seriously, it was BAD. I was miserable.

During this time, hubsy and I kept debating on whether or not we were going to do a home pregnancy test. After all, we would find out the next day, so what’s one more day, right? Well, hubsy finally convinced me to do the test on Thursday using the argument that he wanted to be with me when I found out (I’d be at work on Friday when they called me). So Thursday morning, I got up bright and early and took the test before he went to work. After I dunked the test (I stink at actually peeing on the stick so I dunk….I have aiming issues….I know, TMI) I went to wash my hands and wait. While I was washing my hands, hubsy walks in behind me, coffee in hand, to watch the stick. It was literally about 30 seconds before he started jumping up and down with this goofy look on his face. He said nothing. He just kept jumping. Finally, he shook his head and I said, “nuh uh”, he shook his head and I said, “nuh uh”. We repeated this a few more times before I actually walked over to look at the stick….it said pregnant! I couldn’t believe it! Hubsy hugged me and I just started laughing and crying at the same time. We had been trying for so long and had seen so many negative tests that I guess a part of me was just ready to be disappointed yet again.

The nurse had told me that if we decided to do a home test, I HAD to call her and let her know. So, like a good patient, I did what I was told. She was so excited! And when I asked her about my bloating, she said that was caused by the pregnancy and that if I had called her earlier in the week about it, she could have told me that I was pregnant. I guess I’ll know for next time. Friday, I went in for the official test and it, thank goodness, came back positive as well. Our 1st ultrasound was scheduled for two weeks later.

As of tomorrow, I’ll be 10 weeks. Almost through the first trimester!

 

Signature

8 comments:

  1. You know how excited I am, but I have to comment and tell you again how THRILLED I am. ;)

    And you know I can't say it without caps lock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very very happy for you, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! So, so happy for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats & sorry I am behind in offering them. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just reading through your archives and even though I already knew the outcome this post still had me super smiling!

    ReplyDelete

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...