November 3, 2010

Tonight’s the Night

So remember on my last post when I mentioned that retrieval could be today? Well, that didn’t happen. However, it is now officially set for Friday morning!

After going in to the doctor every morning this week, I got the call this afternoon that after today, I was done! Done with the 3 injections every evening, done with the daily appointments, wahoo! I take my last two injections tonight and then I take the “trigger” shot that’s suppose to initiate ovulation for egg retrieval on Friday. Do you know what this means? This means that in the first part of next week, I will be going in to get (fingers crossed) knocked up! I’m still having trouble wrapping my mind around that. I feel like it’s all a dream…..that’ it’s not real. It’s hard for me to even to begin to imagine that by Thanksgiving I will know whether or not I will be a momma in approx. 9 months.

When we had our first consult back in July, our decision to have a September start date seemed so far away. Now the end is near and I can’t believe how quickly time has passed. My DH has been my rock through the whole process. There is no way I could have given myself those injections and he keeps me from totally freaking out about everything (I kinda have a fear of the unknown and am pretty much a big chicken). There has been lots of needle pricks and ultrasounds, crying and praying, discussing and crying, praying and discussing. It’s been a wild ride but a good one. We’ve learned a lot. A lot about ourselves, about each other and about our faith. No matter what happens, we are in a season of change and are looking forward to what’s next.

Signature

1 comment:

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...