November 8, 2010

The Time Has Come

I’m tired so I’m just gonna get straight to the point.

Yesterday, we got a call from the doc with a status update on our embryo babies. They grade the quality with A-D just like school. We had 5 at a B and 1 at a B+….I was told they rarely give out A’s so the B’s were great news! They told us since they were pretty much all at the same quality they were going to wait do the transfer on Wednesday (Day 5) rather than Monday (Day 3)….just to see if any of them jump ahead & progress more than others.

This afternoon I called to see if they had figured out a time that they wanted me to come in on Wednesday and this is how the conversation went:

Nurse: Hello.

Me: Hi!

Nurse: I was just thinking about you! How are you doing? I have an update for you.

Me:  I’m doing good! That’s one of the reasons why I called.

Nurse: Well, all 6 of the embryo babies are doing awesome! They are all still progressing the same. Everyone in the office is so excited!
(Hmm…Upon hearing this, it makes me wonder if this progression of embryo babies is not all that common).

Me: Really?! That’s great!

Nurse: I know! We are all so excited!
(Again, hmm….)

After discussing a few details of the appointment, we hung up. As I sat there, I began to tear up as I thought back to Friday morning when I woke up I began to pray that everything with the retrieval would go well and that the ones that fertilized would thrive so that the embryologist would have no qualms about freezing the ones that they didn’t consider viable by their standards. Another prayer answered

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...