November 6, 2010

Good News

I slept pretty good Thursday night but woke up several times. Was it nerves? Or maybe it was just excitement. Either way, Friday was just another step to hubsy and I becoming parents. When it was finally time to actually get up and head to the clinic, I was ready. I had a little bit of nervous but not too bad. I had prayed as I was falling asleep the night before that I would be calm and not too nervous the next morning. God answered that prayer.

We got to the clinic early so we had to wait a few minutes before being taken back. Once we got to the prep & recovery  room, the nurse started going over everything and started my I.V. I started to get really nervous & emotional. It was a quick procedure, about 30 minutes. When I woke up, they told me they retrieved 17 eggs. Once I was able to wake up enough to stand up, they let me go home and told me to rest for the rest of the day. On Saturday, they would call us to let us know how many of the eggs were mature and able to be fertilized.

Saturday morning we got the call around 9:30. They were able to retrieve 17 eggs (which we already knew) and of those, 15 were mature enough to attempt to fertilize. However, since I didn’t necessarily want to be the old woman who lived in a shoe, they only attempted fertilization with 10 of the mature eggs. Out of those 10 eggs, we have 6 babies (embryos)!! Because we don’t want to potentially have 6 babies at one time and the fact that the clinic will not transfer more than 2 at a time for my age group, we will have 2 transferred either on Monday or Wednesday….we’ll find that out sometime today.

It is all still so surreal and still hasn’t hit me yet. I’m not sure it will until I hear the heartbeat(s).Smile

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...