October 6, 2010

In the Quiet Moments.

Hi! It seems like it’s been a really long time since my last post but really, it’s only been a couple of weeks. In those couple of weeks I’ve started birth control (yes, you read that correctly) and received a calendar from my doctor of all the things that are going to happen over the next 5-6 weeks. I thought knowing what was coming up would help me relax a little but it did just the opposite. It actually freaked me out a little.

And then God taught me a little lesson…..

Today, I was working with a co-working trying to figure out how to make some adjustments to a report and everything we tried just didn’t work. We would talk it out and try again. And then talk it out some more and try again. I started to feel like I was making it all more complicated than it was so we went to our boss for help. She took one look at it and basically told us that we were focusing too much on one aspect and not looking at the whole thing. Argh! I knew it! I was making it more complicated than it was. When we went back and looked at the report as a whole, we were able to get everything to work.

After fixing the report, I took a walk to clear my head and try to breath. It was in those minutes of focused breathing and quiet that God seemed to whisper, “you’re focusing too much on the details, think about the big picture…and the blessings that will come from this”. Wow! I have been focusing and worrying so much about appointments and injections and all those other things on that silly calendar that I haven’t really even thought about the end result. Sometimes you just need those little reminders and it never ceases to amaze me when and where those reminders come.

What are you focusing on lately? Are you focusing too much on the details? Is it taking away from the blessings He is or may be bringing your way?

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love interacting with my readers! Leave me a comment and let me know you've stopped by!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...